Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Staying Focused

I've been away for a minute and I wish I had some exciting adventures or tales of triumph to share with you as to why I've not written in such a long time, but I have nothing. What I do have however are words of encouragement for you to stay focused on whatever it is you desire for your life. For a minute now, I have been doing what I call "spinning" which is doing a lot of movement while getting virtually nowhere! It is quite laughable once I stop taking things so seriously. Because of my "spinning" I have come to understand, sometimes in hindsight, that everything happens for a reason and that nothing happens haphazardly in the universe.

Over the past couple of months, I have been distracted and to some degree discouraged about not having things in my life exactly (or not even remotely close to) like I think they should be. Because I have big dreams, goals and some very good ideas I sometimes get caught up in the "microwave" way of thinking our society has become accustomed to and expect for things to change for me overnight. I am given a good idea, then think a few thoughts about it once or twice and expect instantaneous results. That's unrealistic I know, but I have noticed that many people operate in that same fashion and actually expect to see some kind of change. I have also noticed that when I start to think like this that I become discouraged and begin beating up on myself for not having done this or that so that I can be at x place right now and thus begins the tailspin which ultimately sets me back and requires that I nearly have to start all over again.

I forget, well, more truthfully I try and skirt the reality that all too often that most everything meaningful we have ever attained in life or desire for our lives requires a process to be gone through before we can experience the reality of them. This "process" is each of the required steps that lay in the middle which must be taken before one can achieve any goal and or see any desired for change realized. I am reminded at this moment of a farmer and his harvest. The objective of any farmer is to produce a healthy and harvestable crop, but before the farmer can see his healthy crop, he must first plant his seeds and tend to them daily with fertilizer and water in order for them to sprout, take root and eventually produce a healthy harvest. The same process is true of a woman when expecting. Everyone knows the required "processing" time for having a "healthy" birth is nine (10!!!) months. There are of course exceptions to the rule, but in general, every woman can expect to wait the full term of the pregnancy before she gifts birth and the gift of life which is the ultimate goal. While the waiting part or the stuff in the middle may not always be the most easy to endure and could in fact require some hard work and concentration, it is a necessary part of every journey and each every endeavor. We all want to the reach our goals quickly, but it is important that we remember there are many valuable lessons to be learned on the way to reaching them and that the process is something that is meant to be enjoyed and is not intended to frustrate or deter us as we often allow it to do. Regardless of what we have been told, time is not running out and there is plenty of time to see your goals and dreams become reality. I encourage you to instead of resisting the process, to simply stay focused and learn to embrace it, enjoy it all as it all has value and meaning.

Success In Everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment