Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Something Has to Give

I have the feeling I am not alone in this sentiment. I certain that if I were to take a poll, at least 90% of the people polled would share in this exact feeling. Each of knows of at least one person who has suffered some kind of economic setback or hardship in the past couple of years if in fact that person isn’t you. I could go on and on as to the state of the economy and how it has taken a negative toll on the majority of people in this country, but I believe a better use of my and all of our mental energy is to begin to expect better!
If it is true (for the sake of this piece, I am taking the position that it is absolute truth) that thought has creative power and that what you give your time and attention to grows, then I feel safe in saying we have all given more than enough energy to what is wrong in our lives and the lives of our friends, family members and fellow countrymen. By talking over and over again about how bad the economy is and how such in such has lost their job or their home and by giving in to the “life is hard” thought system, we have unconsciously contributed to the momentum of the suffering of ourselves and to the ones we love. However, now that we have been made aware of how our words have power, don’t you think it time to consciously direct our words toward the things we want in all of our lives? I sure do!
I will be the first to admit that I need to be more mindful and diligent first of what I think and second of what I say about my life and that of everyone else. If we want to see a positive shift in our economy and the overall state of humankind, then it is well past time for each of us to make a positive shift in what we say and what we think. It is also well past the time for us to be thinking only of ourselves and our immediate circle. We have a responsibility to each other to think of ourselves as a collective unit because as we can see what happens to one does affect the whole either directly or indirectly. I can’t see how anybody at this present time can deny that everyone in some form or fashion has been affected by the economic events of the past few years. As I am writing this, I am reminded of the Fabulous lyrics “I’m a movement by myself, but I’m a force when we’re together,” There is no other way out of our current dismal status except together. Literally we cannot afford to think as we have in the past nor can we afford to think only of ourselves. Because we are now aware of how detrimental our thinking has been to us before by seeing its effects then we must be more responsible with our thoughts and thereby shift the momentum and ultimately change our current conditions for the better.
What I am suggesting is radical and that is that we all must begin to think, say and know that better must come! I am asking us all to be diligent in believing that something must and will give and soon. With everyone giving our energy to the betterment of all, then positive change must come. I know there are people who will dismiss this entirely, but I have faith that there will be more who will see the significance and begin with diligence to speak the words of new, improved and renewed lives for us all! It is time for us all to realize and to utilize our power. I believe that our best days are still in front of us and that we have the power to make it happen! Imagine the difference we can make!
Lovingly…Deonae

No comments:

Post a Comment