Thursday, October 14, 2010

In a conversation between the head and the heart which one wins?
How do you know what each is saying and when?
The conversation is love.
The question is when to stay and when to walk away?
One of them says it’s time, time to walk away.
The other speaks and says “but” you love them and must stay.
Confusion. Which way?
I hear from inside follow your heart that is the only way.
That’s it!
Still disillusioned, but I followed my heart I say!
Was that my heart I was listening to when I heard the word stay?
I thought I knew, because surely that is what love would say.
My head is logical practical it knows, my head, the right way.
My heart it can’t be trusted it is soft and easily led astray.
I am wrong! I realize my heart never lies. It is the logical trusted one who is on my side.
A way to my highest place it what it provides.
Now I realize my head in heart disguise tried to take its place and fed me lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment