Thursday, June 24, 2010

Find and Live Your Passion!

Good Day!

I had not intended to make entries more than once a day, but I must share how excited I was to have started on this journey.  I was so excited last night after I published my first post, I could hardly sleep.  Once I lay down, so many writing ideas began flooding my mind, I felt like I needed to get out of bed to write them all down.  I didn't, but I believe I will always be inspired and have more than enough to write and share with you all.

I wish that I could adequately convey all the feelings of joy and excitement I feel right now.  I have been searching for a very long time for my calling, the thing that would give me great pleasure in doing and would not feel like work to me when I was doing it.  There have been so many things that I have liked, and that have been easy for me to do, but nothing has felt like what this feels like now.  I have, I am sure like so many others, done many things that I did not like, but did them because I had to. Can I tell you that I struggled with not having a passion.  I tried making it so many things, but nothing until now felt right. Why am I telling you this, you ask? It is because I am hoping to inspire these same feelings in you, by encouraging you to follow your heart and hold fast to your dreams!  Yes, you do have dreams and talents to support those dreams! I can hear the protests of how there is just nothing at which you are really good and I am saying this is simply not true.  If I can give some advice here, it would be for you to stop judging yourself so harshly.  Women are so quick to judge and to compare ourselves to someone else and then to say, "I am not as good as so in so" which then defines in our minds our level of success or for this matter failure because we never try having then made us an automatic failure and further adding to our unhappiness or to the feelings of discontent.  Let me also add that you are not cultivating your talents or living out your passion for anyone but yourself! We are not trying to impress anyone here, we are doing that which gives us and us alone joy! Because you are doing this for you, there is nothing to fear in allowing your passion to reveal itself.  Your talents or your passion are not hidden and buried so deep within that you can not recall them and begin to take action toward seeing them through to fruition! It is in our willingness to not follow our dreams or at the very least do the things that give us joy in life that I believe is a large part of what makes us so unhappy and causes us to hurt so much. 

Somewhere in our lives, most likely as a young child, someone (probably a person who we loved and trusted) told us that what we loved to do wasn't going to make us any money or that it was somehow impossible for us to be a success for whatever reason at that thing and we believed it.  These people I believe were well meaning and trying to protect us, while not knowing the damage they were causing.  We bought into the falsehood that we should find a good job, one which would make us self-sufficient and that would become our life purpose whether we liked it or not.  Perhaps that isn't your story at all, maybe you are the woman who comes from a tradition or culture of women who marry and have families at a very young age and that was the reason you never cultivated your dream.  Whatever the reason, I say start living your dream now.  I know, I know you have heard this before and there is a reason for that and that is because when you don't you are destined to always feel as if something is missing from your life.  Regardless of the level of success you obtain or the happiness you have with your family and friends, there will always be this feeling of something missing if you continue to deny your passion. I am hear to tell you from my own first hand account that there is a talent of some kind that you have that the world needs to know about. Your life depends on your finding that dream! We are all counting on you to do so, the state of the world needs you to dig deep within and bring forth your creative expression.  

I think I should clarify.   I am in no way saying to you that you should quit your job or dismiss your responsibilities in anyway.  What I am suggesting is that you carve out for yourself in what I know is already an overwhelming schedule and make time for your hidden expression to reveal itself. By doing this, I know you will begin to feel whole again.  It is by doing this, you will begin to find peace and joy.  It is by doing this you will find or remember God. It where where you will begin to feel yourself heal.  You deserve to feel real joy that comes from within.  I am not saying that you have not felt joy, sure we get that from our children, spouses, significant others, family members and friends, but the joy I am speaking of now is something that can come only from within you.  It is like no other ever experienced and once you've had a taste, you will never, ever give it up again.  I hope that you will give yourself this time to discover or to re-discover that source of joy for yourself.

Until Next Time, Success in Everything
Deonae

No comments:

Post a Comment